Today, video conferencing isn’t just about seeing the person on the other side of the screen, it’s about building connected, sustained relationships regardless of distance. And you can build these relationships in whichever industry you work in.
In this guide, we shall talk about how video is used in different industries, ranging from Education to Financial Services, and from Healthcare to Human Resources. This is the first article in a series of three articles that will explore how video can help employees in different industries communicate and collaborate better. So, here goes…
1) Education: There are various ways in which video can help educators and students around the world. Educators can bring in subject matter experts from around the globe. They can also collaborate with remote classrooms. This ensures that students in farflung or rural areas get access to the same educational resources as students in the cities or suburbs. They can also set up parent/teacher or student/teacher virtual meetings. These sessions can be streamed, archived, and recorded for future playback. They can broadcast administration policies and news so that everyone is up to date on what’s going on. Video can be used for facilitating distance learning, another very popular application in education. They can also conduct regional staff meetings as well as set up virtual field trips for students…the possibilities are endless.
2) Financial Services: Employees working in financial services use video in many different ways. They can use video for analyst presentations and reviews. It can also be used for executive updates and for global collaboration sessions. Remote customer meetings are increasingly the norm in the financial services industry and video is perfect for them. Again, when financial services professionals are out in the field, they can connect and communicate with their corporate office. Video also helps share financial earnings in a daily broadcast as well as enables quarterly business reviews. All of these sessions and meetings can be streamed, recorded and archived for future communication and playback.
3) Healthcare: This is one domain that stands to gain hugely from video. For example, healthcare professionals can administer remote healthcare to patients through video conferencing. In this way, patients in the hinterland can receive the best medical treatment. Video also helps healthcare professionals broadcast board meetings, announcements, and news. Doctors, nurses and other healthcare personnel can collaborate with their counterparts and other specialists around the globe. Training sessions can be designed and delivered for healthcare professionals through distance learning, using video. The latter can also deliver policy training to different healthcare personnel.
4) Human Resources (HR): Video helps human resources professionals in various ways. Using video, company-wide communication broadcasts are possible. Also, HR professionals can train new hires and conduct induction programs for them. HR can also conduct on-demand training using video. With more and more companies working and recruiting globally, video helps in cementing these different global offices together. One way in which they can do this is conduct virtual interviews with potential employees in other locations. HR can also conduct global recruitment drives using video. Besides these, video can be used for distance learning programs and for policy reviews.
5) Information Technology (IT): IT is the problem solver that works with every department within the company. IT also stands to benefit in various ways using video. One of the most important is quality management. Video helps IT improve on quality by conducting distance learning programs for all IT professionals at all locations. Video also helps IT facilitate employee communication and this enables IT to understand the different problems that various departments and employees face. Video also helps IT conduct global collaboration sessions and also stream, record and archive best practices and support topics for future playback.
So, these are some ways in which video helps professionals in various industries work together better and deliver better-quality results. With video here to stay, most if not all industries will use video to improve the quality of their products and services, and also improve communication and collaboration within the organisation. Here’s to high-quality and sustained collaboration, whichever industry you’re in…using video…Watch this space for more…
For more information on how you can use video for your business, contact Actis at 022-30808080 or at email@example.com.
(Content and images courtesy: www.lifesize.com)