It’s a regular day, and you leave home in the morning for work…You’re all set to return before the kids arrive home from school at 6 pm. Suddenly your boss schedules an urgent meeting that you have to attend. You wonder what to do…Should you call the neighbours? Should you ask your boss to reschedule the meeting? You can’t remember whether you left the oven on….What a day!
You may not know this, but you wouldn’t have to worry if you had a smart home. You could automatically leave a message for your kids when they returned. You could turn on the security system remotely so that they would be safe inside the home. The oven would turn off automatically at a preset time and temperature, even if it were on. And what’s more…the front door would open for your kids when they punched in the right code on the front-door security system touch panel.
Sounds too futuristic to be true? Not at all. Most smart homes can do all of this and more…So, how can you make your home a smart home? Here are some smart things to keep in mind…Read on…
1. Smart Lighting: Smart lighting is pretty cool and is one of the first elements you need to think of on your way to a smart home. You can set mood lighting for different rooms in your house and can even control your lighting remotely from your phone or tablet. You can also schedule the lights to turn on and off at preset times. It may sound like sci-fi, but you can even use your lights as an alarm to wake you up in the morning. Some smart light bulbs even sound out tunes from your ceiling.
2. Smart Heating: Another thing to keep in mind when turning your home into a smart home is a smart heating system. In fact, smart heating is soon going to be a key part of every home. You can control smart heating from yoru laptop, smartphone or tablet.
3. Smart Cleaning: Robot vacuum cleaners that pair with your Android or iOS devices via an app isn’t out of a high-tech book anymore, but are a reality. These robots can even vacuum your house while you attend to other things. They can intelligently avoid furniture and other obstacles.
4. Smart Switches: Timer switches will soon be a thing of the past, as smart switches take over the market. You can plug a smart switch into a power socket and then plug another device’s plug into it, so you can control it via an app on your smartphone or tablet. Smart switches let you set schedules, monitor energy usage on electronic devices and find out which deices are used most often and when.
5. Smart doorbell: Combine a smart doorbell with a security camera and voila! you have a smart entrance system for your home. Smart entrance systems are no longer the preserve of the rich and famous. Now, everyone with a smartphone can have a smart security camera and entrance system.
6. Smart Home Cinema System: You can have your very own smart home cinema system by investing in an accessory that can control every device in the system. A proprietary smart control can control several thousand devices and you can even program the smart control yourself by using the remote. You can access this smart control via your iPhone or Android or via your PC or Mac from anywhere in the world. You can do several things with your smart control, such as turning on your TC, turning on your speakers, changing channels, turning up speakers, and more…
Smart homes will continue to evolve with even more comfort and convenience for you. Do think about turning your home into a smart home and enjoy enhanced security, convenience, and customisation. Here’s to a seamless and smart experience in the comfort of your very own home!
For more information on how to set up a smart home, contact Actis at 022-30808080 or at email@example.com.
(Content and images courtesy: www.crestron.com)